IDX Broker Alternatives
IDX Broker alternatives for their WordPress Real Estate Plugin has plenty of competition, and has many comparable options to our own RETS PRO solution.
I’ll try my best to make a simple key comparison list of what we consider to be pros and cons versus our own WordPress Real Estate Plugin .
Main Obvious PROS:
- Price – Upfront cost is typically a few hundred dollars to get everything all setup and running.
- Setup – They’re going to be about 50% faster to get your site up and running the way you want it.
- Options – They’re going to have a few more options than we currently have – primarily CRM…but at additional cost.
- They manage the data and the changes to the RETS feed.
- Having someone hold your hand – that’s what your never ending monthly fees will cover for you.
But now for the CONS:
- Price – though cheaper up front, you will have spent way more with them after 1+Years than you would have with “our solution” and if you have more than (1) website then its NOT worth it to go with them.
- SEO – although they claim this and that – their data is NOT on your website and neither is the url + you can NOT do proper micro-data on your own key fields using schema.org. (what is micro-data Schema.org? never heard of it? ever heard of Real Estate Webmasters? They use micro data and so do we!) You also can’t create dynamic content using IDXB – SO – if SEO is important to you as it is to us then this alone would prevent us from using their solution. We have more SEO features/options than any other solution-period!
- Owning your data and having it reside in YOUR website without any monthly fees – not an option with them.
- Complete customization – If having someone tell you “NO” we can’t do that or “NO” that’s not an option means anything at all to you then just stop right now! Aside from the SEO limitations, the #1 complaint we hear is the limitations on maximizing your own creativity.
I could go on and on but I think its only important for me to point out the main differences. Trust me on this part, if you called me and told me you were doing only one website for a customer and you just wanted to get-in and get-out and get paid to put up a realtor site. Then I would highly recommend them over any other solution – BUT – if you told me that SEO and doing custom website options with the possibility of doing more than (1) website then I’d have to recommend our solution.
Looking for other IDX BROKER Alternatives? Join us in the forums for some lively debates with other developers that have previous experience with them.